Use Some Treats from Your October College Care Package
Staying in this Halloween? Make the holiday special with these three tasty snack recipes that are easy to make and don’t require any kitchen appliances other than your microwave. Before cooking or touching food, always thoroughly wash your hands!
Microwave Popcorn Balls
- 3 quarts of popcorn, freshly popped
- ¼ cup of butter or margarine
- 20 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- Full-size bag of plain M&Ms
- Plastic wrap
- Pop your popcorn and pour it into a large bowl or pan. Set it aside for later.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat your butter in the microwave until it’s melted. This usually takes no more than 45 seconds.
- Pour the bag of marshmallows into the bowl with the melted butter, and microwave on high until they’re puffy – usually between 60 and 90 seconds. Stir to completely melt your marshmallows.
- Pour your melted marshmallow and butter mixture into the big bowl of popcorn and mix carefully until each popcorn kernel is coated. Stir in your bag of plain M&Ms.
- Apply a little bit of butter to your hands, and shape your popcorn mixture into balls. This recipe makes a total of 12.
- Wrap each ball in plastic wrap until it’s time to eat them.
Optional: Sprinkle in pumpkin spice seasoning from the spice section at your local grocery store for a very special #PSPB – that’s #PumpkinSpicePopcornBall.
Super Easy Candy Corn and Peanut Snack
- Bag of candy corn
- Small can of salted peanuts
- Mix equal parts candy corn and salted peanuts into a bowl. Enjoy this unexpected combination of salty and sweet!
Chocolate-Covered Halloween Pretzels
- Candy melts in black, orange, and white colors
- Pretzel rods
- Sprinkles in spooky hues and designs
- Parchment paper
- Pour each color of candy melts into separate bowls. Microwave each in increments of 30 to 50 seconds. Whisk until perfectly melted. Watch carefully to make sure your candy melts don’t burn.
- Dip your pretzel rods into the melted candy, using a spoon to spread it out evenly, if needed.
- Set your freshly-dipped pretzels onto sheets of parchment paper.
- Scatter sprinkles on top of your candy-covered pretzel rods.
- Let your pretzels dry for at least 20 minutes before eating!
Show us your treats! Post pics of your creations on Instagram and tag us @MyCollegeCrate!
Want the latest deals & discounts?
Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date on our latest products as well as deals and discounts!