Keep Yourself Feeling Healthy and Happy with These Ideas
Taking care of yourself goes beyond the basics: eating, bathing, keeping your environment clean. As modern-day humans, we need a little more than that to keep our spirits up, keep focused on our goals, and renew our energy when our stores run low.
Try these ideas for self care the next time you need to take some time out for yourself.
- Eat a healthier-for-you snack from your college care package that you received in April, instead of reaching for a candy bar or deep-fried fast food.
- Take an extra-long shower and do a “deep clean.” Pamper yourself with a luxurious sugar scrub, try an aromatherapy shower melt (also from our April care package), and use the nicest shampoos and soaps you own.
- Go for a walk and enjoy the sunshine.
- Pick up a coloring book (even one made for children) and some crayons, and take a study break as you throw back to your childhood.
- Dance your heart out. Put on your favorite song and get moving.
- Take a yoga class at your student athletic center or gym.
- Take a meditation class, or practice meditating in your room.
- Go to bed early.
- Turn off all the lights and watch your favorite feel-good movie.
- Read a book for fun — not a textbook.
- Get a salon haircut and blowdry.
- Go thrift shopping and hunt for the craziest item, most beautiful item, etc. Choose your categories before you go.
- Volunteer for a cause that’s meaningful to you.
- Eat well-balanced meals in the dining hall.
- Drink a glass of water when you wake up, before each meal, and with any snack you eat. Your body will thank you.
- Try aromatherapy. You can purchase inexpensive essential oils, or use the Stress Relief lotion in your April college student subscription box.
- Pack a picnic, and eat your lunch on the quad, alone or with a friend.
- Play a pick-up game of basketball.
- Pay yourself a compliment every time you pass a mirror.
- Hug your childhood stuffed animal.
- Paint: your room, a canvas, a piece of furniture, a piece of wood, a rock.
- Clean your room to lighten the load on your mind.
- Watch your favorite cartoon from your childhood. Decide if it holds up.
- Stop doom scrolling, put your phone down, and interact face-to-face with someone.
- Pet a cat or dog.
- Visit a state park and enjoy nature.
- Trim and file your nails, so they’re clean and even, using the nail care kit in your student care package. Find an instructional video on YouTube if you aren’t sure how.
- Anything else that tickles your fancy.
Our April College Crate Is All About YOU
Self care is so important, which is why we decided to make it the focus of our April college and prep school student care package subscription. We’re all so busy, so stressed, and so much in need of rejuvenation, and we hope our care package helps students all over the country take just a little better care of themselves. After all, they’re worth it. Yes, even you.
Learn more about our April care package, and place your order. Quantities are limited.
Want the latest deals & discounts?
Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date on our latest products as well as deals and discounts!