Let’s face it, sending your son or daughter off to college can be bittersweet. One of the most challenging things can be finding ways to cope with missing them, and staying connected to them while they embrace their life on campus.
As your son or daughter becomes more and more independent at college, it can be challenging to stay connected. Whether they are a freshman, just getting adjusted to being away from home, or is a college senior getting ready to graduate and be on their own for the first time, finding small ways to let them know you support them, will make them feel special.
Thanks to technology, staying connected is easier than ever. Here are 10 texts you can send to your favorite college student this semester to let them know they are not alone:
- Keep working hard and your eyes on the prize. Proud of you!
- Reach for the stars! Way to work hard for your goals. Go for it!
- College can be tough. Don’t be stressed and don’t panic. You’ve got this.
- We miss you so much. But we also know you’re exactly where you are supposed to be.
- Just a note to let you know how amazing I think you are!
- No matter how fantastic or horrible this day has been for you, I love you, always, no matter what. Just wanted you to remember that.
- In your new adventure, don’t be afraid to take chances on yourself. Leave room for unexpected surprises and delights.
- Just thinking today of some things about you that always make me smile.
- I just wanted to let you know that I’m honored to be your mom.
- I’m always here for you if you need someone to listen. I love you!
Regardless of what you text, the key is to send a small sentiment that does not require an answer. This is a great, no pressure way of letting your loved one know they are special, and will help staying connected easier.